Tuesday, January 17, 2012

CMK Conversion Kit: Sd. Kfz. 251/16 Flame Thrower

These are the pieces which are contained in the Conversion kit:

The Shields for the two main flamethrowers

 The Fuel Tanks:
Some pipes
Whatever...
 The 2-way splitter

 The flame-tubes
The compressor-engine
 (again from the other side)
 Additionally, there is one photoetched fret which is made by Eduard and adds some further detail to the modell.



Unfortunately I forgot to buy the original model and none of my local dealers stocks Hasegawa kits -.-
Hope to obtain one, soon!
Cheers,
Mojo



3 comments:

  1. That stuff looks good but fiddly especially with sausage finger shovel hands like mine.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. To be honest, this kit is the reason why I bought the two tools I introduced in the last posts... I don't like CA-sticky-fingers (there's better stuff for fingers ;) ) and feared broken resin parts.

      One more word about the kit:
      I miss the "lose" rear flamethrower, which could be used to sneak up and smoke out bunkers and emplacements. Maybe it wasn't used with the Ausf. D anymore. I'll have to look it up and possibly scratch it.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking add-ons! But, like Dangerous Angrious, big clumsy hands and fingers,and my "what the..." kind of eye sight is a hindrance to such work anymore. But I do get much pleasure from enjoying another's detailed hard work. Looking forward to seeing your conversion(s).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You make me glad :)