Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bailed-out Panzer crews!

Busy week goes on...
As most of you might know, Panzer or Tank Crews had quite a tough time during the war times.
I was not completely aware of that, until I read Robert Kershaws Tank Men last year.
Well, many of those guys did not have the luck which their tin-counterparts here on my desk have.
Only few made it out alive after having been shot up in their tanks. These obviously made it:

Here's some with the side cap:

These are with the also common field cap:

Closeups:





And, since you like it sooooo much, here's a scenic shot for you ;)

These are actually the first tin figures I ever painted! Only did plastics so far ;)
The maker is  SHQ(not AB Figures as I thought!), find their shop here:
http://shqminiatures.com/Ranges/WWII/German/Germanmain.php?UID=2012092013001785.115.3.222

I'd like to say thank you to all those people who left such nice comments on my recent posts :)
That's the propellant that keeps one going on and on!

Have a nice day!

11 comments:

  1. Just a quick question. Some of them look to be running around with their "cans" (headphones) still on. Why?

    Cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess, when your tank catches fire during a fight, you will focus on three things:
      Pull the extinguisher-Lever
      Grab your gun
      and get-your-ar**-the-f*ck-out
      Don't know about the sculptors intention though...

      Delete
    2. Well yes, it is the sculptors idea I am questioning. I haven't really looked into it but I was assuming that the headphones would actually be attached to the tank and ripping them off would assist in getting-the-f*ck-out in a big hurry !

      Cheers, Dave

      Delete
  2. Are these AB? ABs have a very distinctive style and these are nothing like ABs, I wonder what the story is behind them? I have a set of AB bailed tank crew and they are totally different and of the AB style, they are in wounded and climbing out of hatches poses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, you are right.
      I searched about 20 Minutes for the shop where I got them from (half a year ago), and when crossing AB, I thought I was at the right place, but didn't really check the pictures. It's SHQ. I corrected it above!
      Thanks for reading so carefully! :D

      Anyways, I think I'll have to get some of those ABs, they look marvellous!

      Delete
  3. Great job Mojo. They should liven up a game mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope my crews won't bail to often ;)

      Delete
  4. I was reading through some of your older stuff and saw you have been washing with diluted oils. This is something I have been experimenting with myself, but not completely happy so far. Would be interested in knowing a bit more about your technique if you have time to share some more detail.

    Cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to drop some lines about that next week!
      If I should forget, just remind me!

      Cheers, Mojo

      Delete
  5. They lived to die again. Nice job, Mojo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad but true, Jay. Sad but true.
      Thanks though! :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! You make me glad :)