Monday, May 30, 2011

Successful weekend

Hey guys! I'd like to share some more pictures of a very successful modelling weekend.
As mentioned before, I was busy doing moulds and casts.
First of all, I'd like to present the first cast from my roof-mould. It's about 3mm thick and made of Stewalin, some ceramic-like plaster:













It came out perfectly. I could not find a single bubble, and it's rather stable. Somebody said it's going to break while unmoulding because of lacking thickness. It didn't, har, har, har!

Next thing I did was fitting the windows and doors inside my Normandy-Farmhouse masters and applying the windowshutters in order to make the mould. This is how the moulds turned out:

You might notice that its already "dirty" from a first cast... Again the cast turned out pretty well, with a minimum amout of bubbles. Seems like I learn how it works :) But I won't show the farmhouse until its done.
Won't take long anymore ;)

Have a nice week!
Cheers,
Mojo

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with them mate!!! :-)
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good.Can't wait to see them finished.

    Cheers Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice looks good and goog luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You make me glad :)