Now I think I need to follow morks choice, since 49% of my visitors are from outside of germany! I have to thank you for watching my blog, even if you might not understand everything I write :)
So, enough of that... Back to business!
In the past, I started several big projects, like building and painting 2 Panzer IV, one Panther A, a Kettenkrad and a Kübelwagen, or painting and basing 72 figures at the same time. The goal of it all was to keep the effort low.
But the consequence of it is, that I get forward very slowly with both projects, and I almost don't want to look at it anymore... I promise, I will not do it again :D At least I hope so.
The "Panzers" are currently being weathered:
The Decals are on (the Seitenschürzen are not mounted yet), the washing is applied and the edges are highlighted.
The next step would either be a filter in earth-tone or some kind of fading. But since I am not really sure about which colors I should use for fading with this camo, I think I will omit this step.
The problem is: My girl is going to bed earlier and earlier every day. Which is alright, because I have more time for modeling, but I cannot use my airbrush, because it would keep her awake.
Feeling unable to apply any filtering without my airbrush, something else came to my mind. Since I recently got the double-pack of Armourfasts Sd. Kfz. 251, I thought about my old 1/76 Revell 251er and my old PAK40, which is also made by Revell and also in 1/76.
In the past I have often put the PAK on top of the 251 to simulate an 251/22 while playing Behind Omaha (See the bad picture). So why the hell shouldn't I combine them to one model?
I am well aware, that it would be unlikely to see a 251 c with a mounted PAK 40. I don't really care, I felt bored ;)
First, I built a platform from plastic sheet. This platform is not like in the original, I know :) As I said, i just tried to kill some time ;) It was not easy to fit the platform into the vehicle, but after some trial and error, it worked ;)
Most of the interiour will be invisible, when it is finished, because I plan to cover the platform with some camo netting.
Also, I costumized two figures for this vehicle:
The "commander" was an Airfix Paratrooper with an Revell DAK-NCO head transplanted.
The gunner/loader is one of these incredibly ugly Hasegawa Flak 88 crew members. I really had to chop his head off... Since this figure is rather big, I chose one of Italeris "German Elite Troops" to lose his head for him :)
It is not nearly finished, a lot of painting has to be done on this one, but I hope you like it so far :)