Now that I've got a new tool (my scrollsaw arrived :) ), the work has started again. Since I wanted to design a more realistic model of a tank hunter for W40k, I decided, that I should reduce the amount of upright surfaces. So a redesign of the destroyer sides are now more Hetzer-like. Also I decided to make the area around the gun less vulnerable.
Here are some pictures of the old and the new chassis:
Please note, that the new chassis (on the left is only taped together, so don't midnt the gaps ;) )
Smaller opening for the gun and more space for the driver on the left side of the tank.
On the rear, there will be additional armored space, containing the generator and other electric stuff for the main gun.