Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Project: Destroyer. Part I

A couple of months ago, I read a book about heavy tank hunters of the german Wehrmacht. I always loved the design of tanks like the Jagdtpanther and the Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer. Since I'm into scratchbuilding, I had the idea of creating my own Destroyer-Tank Hunter. To be honest, the idea came one early morning, when I used my deodorant roller... ;-) I thought this might be a cool barrel-bearing.
The next day, I got myself a free CAD-Program and started designing the side of the Tank. It looks pretty similar to the GW-Model, but I am about to change it, so that I won't get in conflict with any copyright.
In the basement of my parents house, I found some sheets of tracing paper. I printed my plan and transferred it to cardboard.
The rest was cutting and glueing:
Looks neat. Few days later, I started designing the body. I tried to build a model out of cardboard again, but it was an epic fail. Cardboard works good until you have sharp edges or you try to bend it.


Next step will be:

  • Get the "Errors" out of the design
  • Make a Polystyrene-body

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make me glad :)